When Shageldi Ovezov first attended EducationUSA events in Turkmenistan, he was very excited to learn about tuition-free colleges in the U.S. Shageldi is now a rising junior at Berea College, where he secured a full scholarship for 4 years of studies towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Mathematics.
“Initially, it was very hard for me to navigate through the myriad of scholarship opportunities in the U.S., and I didn’t know how to choose the best-fit college. By attending the EducationUSA center in Turkmenistan, I received valuable information on how to reflect on myself better, identify and choose what’s best for me, and be a successful college applicant, which ultimately, saved a great amount of time and finances.
Shageldi has been an active student at Berea College, having started a Developer Student Clubs chapter on campus. Developer Student Clubs is a program run by Google Developers to empower university students to build technical solutions for the local problems. He is now interning at Major League Hacking, being selected as one of 150 participants out of 20,000 applicants. As an intern, Shageldi contributes to over 6 open-source software projects, which is an impactful work where more than 800,000 projects depend on the software that he contributes to.
He states: “At this point, I would like to acknowledge #EducationUSA. I was part of Turkmenabat Undergraduate Cohort Advising (UCA), a 10-month intensive college preparation program that was like no other in guiding me to get ready to study in the United States. Due to the program, I was eligible for an Opportunity Grant that covered my travel expenses all the way to Berea. I’m very grateful for the program for investing in my education”.
Instagram account of Shageldi: @shageldi_ovezov
Dear high school students, school officials, and parents!
Sign up for a Marathon with Top U.S. Universities with EducationUSA. Fill out one registration form for eight upcoming webinars with Minerva Schools at KGI, Barnard College, Colgate University, Swarthmore College, Washington and Lee University, NYUAD, University of Richmond, College of William and Mary, and the University of Rochester. All these US institutions offer full-ride scholarships to international students. You will learn about selective admissions, funding opportunities, test-optional policies, and the core values of each university.
Marathon with Top US Universities – September 10 – October 22, 2020:
- Sep 10, 2020 at 7:00 PM: Minerva School at KGI: “Selective admissions, funding, core values”
- Sep 17, 2020 at 7:00 PM: Barnard College (all-female): “Selective admissions, funding, core values”
- Sep 24, 2020 at 5:30 PM: Swarthmore College: “The value of a liberal arts education and navigating admissions”
- Sep 28, 2020 at 7:00 PM: The University of Richmond and College of William & Mary: “Admission Process to Highly Selective Schools; Test-Optional Policy; Understanding Financial Aid, Need-blind vs Need-Aware”
- Oct 1, 2020 at 7:00 PM: The University of Rochester: “Understanding Fin.Aid, Need-blind vs Need-Aware”
- Oct 5, 2020 at 7:00 PM: The University of Washington and Lee: “Admission Process to Highly Selective Schools; Test-Optional Policy; Understanding Financial Aid, Need-blind vs Need-Aware”
- Oct 8, 2020 at 7: 00 PM: NYU Abu Dhabi: “Selective admissions, funding, core values”
- Oct 22, 2020 at 7:00 PM: Colgate University: “Selective admissions, funding, core values”
Register Now: https://bit.ly/3br6Glh
Interested to learn about U.S. Higher Educational opportunities? Then join U.S. Higher Education Admissions Workshop, an intensive college preparatory virtual session that will give you an invaluable information on application process and help to become a competitive applicant to the U.S. institutions.
The 8-weeks virtual sessions aim to provide you with a fundamental understanding of the US:
- Higher Educational System;
- Application Requirements;
- Financial Aid & Scholarship Search
- Standardized Tests Taking Skills;
- Academic & College Essay Writing;
Secondary High School Students:
- completing final grade in May 2021 (11th or 12th grades);
- with strong English language level (upper-intermediate & advanced);
- whose #1 choice is to study in the US;
- with good academic standing;
Participation is free of charge, but requires 100% of attendance, 100% motivation, 100% initiative and a full time-commitment.
Duration: September 4 – October 20, 2020
Format: Virtual (must have a GMAIL email account)
Deadline: August 28, 2020
Results will be announced: September 3, 2020.
Apply Now: https://bit.ly/3iraQf8
Participation is selective. Number of slots is limited.
Still have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org