Issue Date: May 10, 2022
Deadline for Application: May 24, 2022.
The Project Coordinator Position is designed for a U.S. government-funded program alumna/alumnus who will administer the 2022 Englishpalooza project – to ensure that all project activities are well-organized, conducted smoothly, completed on time, and narrative and budget reports provided. The job is great for someone who has project management experience and enjoys a fast-paced, challenging work environment.
Englishpalooza is a four-week series of interactive English language activities led by alumni. This project will be held simultaneously in all four American Spaces of Turkmenistan – Ashgabat, Dashoguz, Mary, and Turkmenabat in in-person and virtual format. Each week will be dedicated to a theme chosen by the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Ashgabat and activities will be built around these themes. This position reports directly to the American Corners Grant Manager but requires frequent coordination with other American Corner staff.
Project Organization and Support:
- Develop, draft and maintain project curriculum and lesson plans for in-person and virtual activities;
- Research ideas and content to be included into the Summer 2022 Englishpalooza project curriculum;
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, selecting, and mentoring project leaders/facilitators;
- Draft Training of Trainers (ToT) agenda and lead the training;
- Responsible for the travel and accommodation arrangements for all regional alumni/facilitators to attend the ToT in Ashgabat;
- Mentor and assist facilitators throughout the project;
- Oversee the project budget;
- Supervise project facilitators and fostering a spirit of teamwork and unity among project members;
- Coordinate with PAS and American Councils on all stages of the project;
- Maintain work relations and coordination with American Corner Representatives.
Administration and Reporting:
- Collect information and statistics on project participants in Ashgabat and regions;
- Collect attendance statistics and other relevant project data;
- Monitor and compile project reports;
- Collect daily records/notes on project success;
- Prepare weekly highlights.
- Assist American Councils staff with the Expense Report.
- Successfully participated in and completed a U.S. government exchange program;
- Current alumni in their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year of university are eligible to apply, as well as recent university graduate;
- Background in Interactive English Language teaching/Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language (TESL/TEFL), whether self-trained or with credentials from courses/degree completed;
- Turkmen citizenship;
- Ability to commit part-time for the duration of the project (June-August, 2022);
- Experience in activity/project organization;
- Previous experience in Alumni activities;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to organize, encourage, inspire, and motivate peers;
- Creativity, initiative, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage time, abide by rules, demonstrate accountability, and understand the need for quality in work;
- Computer skills, including strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and Power Point.
A complete application must include:
- Cover Letter highlighting motivation for the position and expected salary;
- A list of previous alumni projects completed in Turkmenistan;
- A 600-word essay describing a project that you have organized successfully.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com indicating “Project Coordinator for 2022 Summer Englishpalooza” in the subject line of your email. The application should be received not later than May 24, 2022.
For information, please call (993-63) 50-20-36 or visit our website at https://americancouncilstm.org/
American Councils is a legal entity in Turkmenistan under the Foreign Assistance Agreement between the governments of the United States and Turkmenistan with the purpose of implementing US Embassy education and cultural exchange programs in Turkmenistan.