FLEX Program Coordinator
Issue Date: November 23, 2021
Deadline for Application: December 19, 2021
American Councils is seeking a motivated, organized, and energetic professional committed to international education to fill the position of Future Leaders Exchange (FLEX) Program Coordinator in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. The Program Coordinator`s main responsibilities include student recruitment to FLEX program, orientation, and on program support; administrative program oversight; liaising with the U.S. Embassy, Ministry of Education, and other stakeholders; and management of in-country FLEX alumni program. This position reports directly to the Country Director and requires frequent coordination with other American Councils staff in Turkmenistan and the U.S.
This is a six-month full-time position to substitute the permanent employee while on leave.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the FLEX recruitment process including making a testing schedule and launching a publicity campaign in accordance with the program policies and procedures;
• Assist/conduct applicant interviews and ensure the quality and timely completion of all three rounds of applicant testing;
• Collect participant data, organizing and maintaining all participant document files, and track participant status;
• Represent the program to and maintain relationships with the U.S. Embassy officials, Ministry of Education officials, and other stakeholders and provide necessary information and respond to all inquiries regarding the testing dates, process, program applicants, and participants;
• Organize pre-departure orientation (PDO) in accordance with curriculum and program rules and supervise the Re-entry seminar;
• Organize and manage travel orientations; arrange travels, visa and other logistical support for the scholarship recipients;
• Maintain contact with FLEX staff in the U.S., natural parents, and students;
• Respond to inquiries and correspondence;
• Monitor outgoing and incoming funds and program expenses; provide information for budget requests and financial reports to the Country Director;
• Lead a project preparation and planning efforts;
• Ensure a smooth project implementation and provide reports and deliverables on time;
• Manage overall alumni programming. This includes supervising and mentoring Alumni Coordinator and FLEX Alumni Intern: managing the recruitment for the position, training and supporting the new Alumni Coordinator in her/his duties.
Required Skills and Competences
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required, knowledge of a second language (Turkmen and/or Russian) is preferred;
• Excellent communication skills and ability to build successful relationships in a cross-cultural environment;
• Proven program administration experience;
• Strong time management, planning and reporting skills;
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects;
• Ability to work independently while contributing to an overall team effort;
• Proven ability to exercise good judgment under pressure;
• Financial management skills, including budget development and tracking;
• Effective interpersonal skills;
• Computer skills, including strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and Power Point;
• Strong commitment to the mission of American Councils.
American Councils is a legal entity in Turkmenistan under the Foreign Assistance Agreement between the governments of the United States and Turkmenistan with the purpose of implementing US Embassy education and cultural exchange programs in Turkmenistan.
Employees receive a market salary; immediately start accruing 20 days of paid vacation and 12 days of paid sick leave a year, and a comp time compensation for overtime. American Councils maintains a friendly, informal office environment.
Interested candidates must submit a complete application package which includes:
2) Cover Letter (highlighting motivation for the position and indicating desired salary range)
3) List of three professional references (name, email, phone number, relation to you) who can provide the best insight of your work ethic, what your responsibilities were at your previous job, and how you handled them.
Application packages should be sent to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the name of the position in your application and the subject line of the email. Only selected candidates with complete applications will be invited for an interview.
The application should be received not later than on
December 19, 2021.
For information, please call (993-63) 50-20-36 or visit our website at https://americancouncilstm.org/