Issue Date: November 20, 2023
Deadline for Application: December 8, 2023, by 17:30 pm.
Time Period: Four months
Contract type: Short-term
The project coordinator is responsible for coordinating and working with trainers from Ashgabat, Mary, Turkmenabat, and Dashoguz in organizing coding skills trainings at the American Center and American Corners in Turkmenistan to provide a series of hands-on programs and trainings on coding, web-development, and app development in collaboration with local experts and DiGi Women alumni. This position reports directly to the American Corners grant manager but requires frequent coordination with the US Embassy American Spaces experiential learning assistant. The job is great for someone who has project organization experience and enjoys working with a team.
Continue reading Coding Skills Lab Project Coordinator Position – Turkmenistan
American Councils in Turkmenistan provides promising young Turkmenistan citizens with the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully enter U.S. colleges and universities by increasing students’ competitiveness through rigorous preparation. Participants will focus on TOEFL and SAT test preparation, Academic Reading and Writing, and training in other study skills necessary for success in applying to U.S. Colleges and Universities. Intensive 18 weeks weekday preparatory course will take place at American Councils’ Ashgabat office.
Eligibility/Requirements for Potential Candidates:
1) Graduate of secondary school;
2) No Bachelor’s degree yet;
3) Not enrolled in a university either in Turkmenistan or another country (students of professional schools may apply);
4) Intermediate/Advanced level of English;
5) Motivated toward academic success and study at U.S. colleges and universities;
6) Able to commit to an 18-week intensive preparatory course.
All documents MUST be submitted in electronic format
• Completed Prep4Success Program Application (the form is attached);
• Secondary school academic transcripts;
• One signed academic recommendation letter in English;
• Copy of domestic passport;
All documents should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00 pm. on Thursday, January 25, 2024.
For more information, please call 36 90 16 (ext. 113) or e-mail email@example.com
Applications for Undergraduate Cohort Advising (UCA) are now being accepted!
What is Undergraduate Cohort Advising?
A group advising session that assists high school students to be strong applicants to U.S. colleges and universities. Participants meet year-around with an EducationUSA Adviser to get an in-depth understanding of US Undergraduate:
• Higher Education System;
• Application Timeline;
• Best Fit School & Major;
• Standardized tests;
• Scholarship Opportunities;
• Application and Scholarship Essay Writing;
Continue reading UCA Applications now Open