Opening Date: May 30, 2023
Closing Date: June 4, 2023
Work Hours: Part-time
American Councils is excited to announce a part-time job opening for the C5+ONE English Teachers in all regions of Turkmenistan – Ashgabat/Ahal, Balkan, Dashoguz, Lebap, Mary.
The C5 + ONE (Opening Networks through English) English Language Teacher will be involved in a new
project that supports English language instruction for young professionals working in the fields of energy
and environment throughout Central Asia. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing
American English language instruction to program participants and will report to a Lead Adviser, based
in Ashgabat, who will provide training and mentoring during the program. Successful candidates will be
hired for an initial 3-month contract with the possibility to renew.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, June 4, 2023 by 17:30pm
Click here to Download Complete position description (pdf)
American Councils invites citizens of Turkmenistan to apply by 5.30 pm on July 16, 2023 to participate in the GRE Program, a hybrid learning program, which is designed to help you improve necessary skills to get you ready for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), graduate school application process, and graduate-level coursework:
- Intensive 18 weeks (weekday evenings/Sundays) preparatory course
- The course will be taught via a hybrid model which combines online and in-person learning
- Participants will be required to have constant access to the internet via a computer, tablet, or smartphone; assignments will be submitted via email and social media apps
You are eligible to apply, if you meet all of the criteria below:
- You hold a 4-year degree (Bachelor’s degree);
- You are NOT enrolled in any degree programs;
- You are a citizen of Turkmenistan currently living in Turkmenistan;
- You have an advanced level of English;
- You are motivated towards academic success and study at a U.S. graduate school;
- You are ready to commit to an 18-week preparatory course.
- Read more about requirements
- Download the application
DEADLINE: 5.30 pm on July 16, 2023
Only candidates with complete application package will be considered.
FLEX alumni Yelena Gareyeva’08 and Yazjemal Nuriyeva’08 launched a long-term project aimed at development of youth potential in Turkmenistan. Professional development workshops and networking opportunities that this social project offers are in high demand among Turkmen youth. The ultimate goal is to unite and grow dedicated community of professionals who are ready to learn, share and thrive together. The project is carried out with the support of the American Councils for International Education and the US Embassy in Turkmenistan. The sessions are conducted at the American Center and advertised on U.S. Embassy social media.
Continue reading Young Professionals Network project – development of youth potential in Turkmenistan →