Issue Date: June 18, 2021
Deadline for Application: June 30, 2021
FLEX Internship is designed for FLEX alumni who are university/college students or have graduated from secondary school and would like to increase Alumni engagement in their local community by organizing virtual and in-person activities and providing support to younger Alumni in leading their independent projects. This internship position gives FLEX alumni a real experience in event planning and management. The duration of the internship is 16-18 weeks (40 hrs. per week). However, FLEX alumni have the opportunity to set the length of time they are able to commit to the position. Interns who successfully complete their internship term will receive an honorarium and a Letter of Recommendation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Organize one major virtual/in-person FLEX Alumni project per month (major projects are considered at least 3 days long and at least 3 hours per day) that follows the Project Design & Management planning guidelines;
• Organize two minor activities/presentations per week related to the U.S. Culture at the American Corner, American Center, and/or American Councils;
• Motivate, mentor and assist in the development of two major project each month led by junior FLEX Alumni;
• Prepare budgets for FLEX Alumni projects;
• In coordination with FLEX Alumni implementing their projects, collect attendance statistics and other relevant data on activities;
• Take/collect pictures from FLEX Alumni activities, write captions for the photos, and submit them to the FLEX Alumni Coordinator and/or Activity Coordinator at American Corner;
• Gather relevant details, drafting reports, and statistics on these projects and submitting them to supervisor by monthly deadlines;
• Collect and maintain bi-weekly records on FLEX Alumni success stories.
Support to American Councils Staff:
• Assist FLEX Alumni Coordinator in conducting professional development and training projects (i.e. Team-Building, PDM, Professional Skills, Public Speaking, etc…) in their region;
• Research ideas and content for the presentations/activities to be included into the monthly calendars;
• Assist FLEX Alumni Coordinator in updating the alumni database;
• Provide logistical support to the American Councils staff;
• Assist FLEX Hub Director, in particular during PDO event;
• Assist in marketing of American Councils and FLEX Alumni projects;
• Assist American Councils staff in other areas as assigned.
Required Skills and Competences
• Successfully participated in and completed the FLEX program;
• Turkmen citizenship;
• Strong leadership and ability to organize, encourage and motivate peers;
• Creativity, initiative, and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to manage time and keep deadlines, accountability, and understanding of the need for quality in their work;
• Computer skills – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Education and Experience
• FLEX alumni currently in their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of university, or secondary school graduates;
• High oral and written proficiency (fluency preferred) in Turkmen and/or Russian language; basic English oral and written skills is a plus;
• Experience in activity/project organization and management;
• Previous experience in FLEX Alumni activities.
To apply, email a complete application package consisting of:
(1) Resume/CV, (2) Cover Letter that highlights motivation for the position and the range of dates you are able to commit to, (3) List of previous FLEX projects completed in Turkmenistan, (4) Outline of prospective (future) project you would like to organize during your internship, (5) 400-500 word essay describing a FLEX Alumni activity that you have organized successfully.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “FLEX Internship 2021” in the subject line of your email. For further information, please call +993 63-50-20-36.
Application deadline: June 30, 2021